maandag 24 juni 2013

Moelleux Au Chocolat: Day 1

This is a difficult one, especially the baking of it. You want it crispy outside and soft inside.

Here's the recipe:
80 g chocolate
3 eggs
150 g sugar
40 g flour
100 g butter

I'm going to try using 1 egg, so I divide by 3. And I'm going to cut back on the sugar.

I mix together the chocolate and the butter. I mix together the sugar and the egg. Then I add flour to the egg/sugar mixture. Finally I add chocolate and butter to the entire mixture.

This is what I got:


Now I put it in a 180-210 °C oven in a tiny, buttered, moelleux ceramic cup for about 15 minutes. (It will be better if you put it in the fridge for a few hours, but I don't want to wait. The reason it's better is because the inside will be cold and the outside will be warm. So the inside will be soft and sticky, while the outside is hard. We will get a nice gradient from inside to outside.)


And we get the result.




Hmm, I baked it a little bit too long. 16 minutes. Next time we do it with 10 minutes and I'm going to put it in the fridge first. I also think the cake is too soft on the outside, so next time I'm going to use 200 °C instead of 180 °C.

Some other recipes are totally different:

- 170 g chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 55 g flour
- little bit salt
- 150 g butter

This second recipe looks a bit "darker" because it uses more chocolate. I think I'm going to try this one next time.

To see how I make the second recipe, go here:
http://katchum-kitchen.blogspot.be/2013/06/moelleux-au-chocolat-day-2.html

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten