maandag 19 augustus 2013

Bokkenpootjes

Bokkenpootjes are some sort of macarons, but made in a different way.

Macarons and bokkenpootjes both have sugar, almonds and egg whites. But the bokkenpootjes have a little bit flour in it too and they are fluffier. It's mostly the shape that's different and the texture is lighter than macarons.

The paste between the two biscuits is called "butter cream".


So I just wanted to try making these long shaped "macarons".

The following link gives a video of how I will make it.

How to make the biscuit:




You need:
- 250 g broyage (70% almond powder and 30% powder sugar)
   = 175 g almond powder + 75 g powder sugar
- 40 g flour
- 200 g egg white
- 225 g sugar
- some salt

Whip the egg white with the sugar until soft peaks. Add the flour to the broyage, mix it. Then add it to the whipped egg white.

Make long shapes of the pastry on an oven tray. Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.


How to make the butter cream:

You need:
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 table spoon of flour
- 250 g butter
- 60 g powder sugar

Add milk and half the sugar in a pan and warm it up. Mix the egg yolks with the other half of the sugar in a bowl and then add the flour to it. Put this egg yolk mixture in the pan with milk. Cook it on low heat and then let it cool down. We call this "confectioner's cream".

Mix the butter and the powder sugar. Then mix it with the confectioner's cream.


How to make the Bokkenpootjes:

Add the butter cream in between two biscuits and dip them in some molten chocolate.

The result?

This was my pastry:

These were the "bokkenpootjes":

Conclusion:

These are the most work-intensive things I have ever made. I gave up on the chocolate as it was too much work. My confectioner's cream wasn't right the first time because the heat was much too high, so I had to make it a second time on lower heat. Then I didn't have enough butter for the butter cream. There was so much weighing and mixing and cooking and baking to make such little things. So many pots and pans that I needed to make it. I'm not going to make these again, that I'm sure of. It's not worth it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten