woensdag 17 juli 2013

Crème Brûlée

I have never made or even eaten crème brûlée. But it's never too late to learn.

I took the following video and am trying to do as the video says.


My recipe will be the following for 4 people:
  • 1/4 l milk
  • 1/4 l cream
  • 1 pod of vanilla
  • brown sugar
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 95 g sugar
I mix the yolks with the sugar. It's not necessary to mix it too much, just a little bit is enough. Otherwise we have air and we don't want that.

Egg yolk and sugar
I mix the milk with the cream and warm it up. Then I add the milk/cream to the egg yolk. And that's it, as easy as taking candy from a baby.

Bain-marie
Ready for cooking in the oven

Then I cook it for 45 minutes at 145 °C in a bath of water.

Then I add the brown sugar and heat it up in the oven at 220 °C, because I don't have a torch.





This is the easiest recipe I have ever made. It was very tasty and especially very smooth. It was like pudding, but even smoother. I like it very much. Too bad I don't have a flame torch. Next time, when grilling the sugar, wait for the oven to be 220 °C first, then put the crème brûlée in there. Otherwise you overcook them while the sugar doesn't melt fast enough.

PS: I only found out days later that you serve it cold instead of hot. So that the caramelization can happen easier on a cold creamy layer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten